European Circular Cities Declaration now welcomes endorsers.
12 Jul 2022
The European Circular Cities Declaration is now open for so-called endorsers. The option to become an endorser is open to any organisation which shares the values and principles of the Declaration, but is not able to sign the Declaration itself (as a local or regional government).
Endorsing the Declaration allows an organisation to:
- Publicly declare its support to the vision of a circular city presented, and the commitments, which the signatories are signing up to.
- Be listed on the Declaration website (www.circularcitiesdeclaration.eu)
- Present itself publicly as an endorser of the Declaration.
Any organisation that supports the principles of the Declaration and is actively engaged in promoting the circular transition in Europe can become an endorser. A first list of endorsers is currently listed on the website. It includes COST Action Circular City, Eurotowns, Rupprecht Consult Forschung und Beratung GmbH, and Trolley:motion. On the same page, organisations wishing to become an endorser will find the application form, asking for:
- Basic organisation and contact information
- Your reason for wishing the endorse the Declaration
- The link between your work and the principles of the Declaration
- How you are able to promote the Declaration to new signatories
After submission, the application wil be sent to the CCD Steering Group for approval.
The European Circular Cities Declaration is designed to help accelerate the transition from a linear to a circular economy in Europe, and thereby create a resource-efficient, low-carbon and socially responsible society. More information can be found here.