Accelerating circular innovation in urban landscapes
16 Oct 2023, 14:00-15:30
The CircularInvest and DEFINITE-CCRI projects welcome all to join an engaging webinar focused on driving circular innovation in urban environments. Join for insightful discussions, inspiring stories, and opportunities for project development and collaborative networking, as we explore the transformative power of circular practices in cities. Click here to register to join.
This event will uncover the role of small- and medium-sized cities as pioneers in driving circular practices. European expert organisations will share their insights and experiences to help the audience gain a deeper understanding of how circular practices can transform urban landscapes, especially in mid-sized towns and municipalities. Real-world examples from cities including ICLEI Member Ghent (Belgium) will demonstrate how circular strategies can lead to meaningful and lasting changes, all while fostering sustainability, improving people’s lives, and contributing to a more resilient urban future. Part of the session will be dedicated to free discussion to allow participants to exchange views with the presenting cities.
CircularInvest and DEFINITE-CCRI project partners will furthermore present opportunities to access Project Development Assistance, designed to support cities in achieving circularity and bringing circular projects to life. Finally, the new Circular Investment Readiness Network – a collaborative platform to connect stakeholders, share knowledge, and collectively address the issues of financing the circular transition – will be introduced.
- Welcome and introduction – Simon Clement, Head of the Circular Economy Team, ICLEI Europe
- From local to global: small and medium-sized cities as pioneers of circular practices – Claudia Alessio, Cities Strategies, Circle Economy
- Inspiring stories of circular urban transformation and open discussion – Dieter DeSmedt, Investment and Tech Innovation Manager, City of Ghent; Other guest speaker TBC
• Open discussion on challenges and lessons learnt
- Building together for circularity: opportunities for project development assistance and networking
• Project Development Assistance to boost circularity in European Cities – Simon Clement, Head of the Circular Economy Team, ICLEI Europe
• CircularInvest’s services and call for Expression of Interest – Dora Fazekas, Head of the European Territorial Cooperation Unit, INOVA+
• Introducing the Circular Investment Readiness Network – Claudia Alessio, Cities Strategies, Circle Economy
- Q&A Session