Porto launches Circular Entrepreneurship Contest ‘FoodLoop’
16 Dec 2021
Porto has launched FoodLoop, a circular entrepreneurship contest that seeks ideas and projects that contribute to the transformation of the food system and promote the transition to a circular economy in Porto. FoodLoop is one of the demonstration actions Porto is implementing in the CityLoops project.
Porto has five main goals with the FoodLoop contest. It wants to:
- Stimulate the creation, development and growth of innovative Circular Economy initiatives with high impact potential, promoting their formation and implementation
- Promote the analysis and implementation of circular practices in companies, public bodies and civil society organizations
- Promote and create collaborations between existing initiatives / entities / companies and the contest participants, to stimulate symbiosis and mutual cooperation in order to develop the participants
- Strengthen the local, socially and environmentally responsible economy and encourage the transition to a healthy and sustainable food system
- Streamline the practice of prevention and reduction of waste production, recovery and reuse of food and recycling/composting of organic and/or food waste
Porto aims to become a circular city by 2030, which is why it is seeking integrated solutions to the social, environmental and economic problems associated with the food system. To read more about the contest and how to participate, click here.