Procura+ Awards extend deadline
13 Oct 2023
Public buyers now have until 15 November to submit their application for the Procura+ Awards. Public authorities who wish to do so can apply through an online form which can be found here. More information concerning the terms and conditions can be found on the Procura+ website.
The Awards ceremony will take place during the Procura+ Conference, taking place in Lisbon on 13 & 14 March 2024. The conference will gather a broad group of public procurement stakeholders to showcase how cities and public authorities can use public procurement to implement step changes that make a big impact. Finalists for the Procura+ Awards will receive a free ticket for the Conference.
This year public authorities can apply in three categories:
- Sustainable Procurement of the Year: This category will reward procurements which integrate aspects of sustainability, including environmental, economic, circular and social elements. It aims to showcase procurements which include a strategic and therefore holistic approach to implementing public procurement.
- Innovation Procurement of the Year: This category will reward those procurements which use innovative approaches in their purchasing practices, as well as those that foster innovation by purchasing cutting-edge products, services and works and see the public authority as a launch customer, driving sustainable development.
- Procurement Initiative of the Year: This category will focus on outstanding public procurement initiatives, such as programmes, policies, actions, guidance and tools that contribute towards strategic, sustainable, circular and innovation procurement
The finalists and winners will be decided by a jury of four experienced public procurement experts and policy makers. They are:
- Jorge Laguna Celis, Director of UNEP's One Planet Network
- Jorge Conesa, Managing Director of the Fair Trade Advocacy Office (FTAO)
- Mark Hidson, Global Director of ICLEI's Sustainable Procurement Centre
- Erika Bozzay, Senior Policy Adviser at the Infrastructure and Public Procurement Division, OECD
The Procura+ Awards are an ICLEI Europe initiative, and reward sustainable and innovative public procurements leading to significant improvements of public good, services, process and infrastructure. Read more about the previous Procura+ Winners here